One for the real denim heads out there; here we have some of the thickest, heaviest denim right now. Made from premium Japanese selvedge, the weight on these is a staggering 25oz. We previously though the Iron Heart IH-666 in 18oz were thick, but they are nothing compared to these beasts.
All the usual rugged details that you expect from Iron Heart are present such as the chain stitching, button fly, copper rivets, bar tacking, and five pocket design. The fit is regular with a straight leg.
These are on the limit of what can actually be made. Iron Heart insisted that everyone working on these had to wear protective glasses to protect themselves from malfunctioning sewing machines.
- Iron Heart Signature 25oz super heavy fabric. Super dark Japanese selvedge denim.
- 666 “the Devils Fit” Low-Medium Rise / Slim Straight Cut.
- Double twisted weft yarn similar to Iron Heart 21oz fabric.
- Button Fly.
- Hidden Rivets.
- Iron Heart heavyweight pocket bags.
- Lined rear pockets.
- Poly/Cotton constructional stitching.
- Belt Loops sewn into waist band.
- Selvedge side seams and Fly construction.
- Made in Japan.
- Sanforized, but unwashed, so expect some shrinkage but like all denim, will stretch up to one inch in the waist with wear.
Indigo 25oz Selvedge Denim – Face
• Sanforized and unwashed
• Right hand twill
• White weft, indigo rope dyed warp
The result of a late night ‘chat’ with Roger Hatt from VMC and initially woven to commemorate VMC’s 25th anniversary, this denim is so sought after we have continued making it ever since. It is what we believe to be on the limits of what can be woven and sewn, and worn with any degree of comfort. The first few weeks of wearing a pair of jeans made from this denim is a challenge, but after a while they end up feeling like sweat pants. This denim fades with great contrast.